Actual Sentences Taken From Hospital Patients' Medical Charts:
1. On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared.
2. She has no rigours or shaking chills, but her husband said she was very hot in bed last night.
3. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
4. The patient has been depressed since she started seeing me in 1993.
5. Discharge status: Alive but without permission.
6. Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.
7. The patient refused autopsy.
8. The patient has no previous history of suicides.
9. Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.
10. Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
12. Between you and me, we ought to be able to get this lady pregnant.
13. Since she can't get pregnant with her husband, I thought you might like to work her up.
14. She is numb from her toes down.
15. While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.
16. The skin was moist and dry.
17. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.
18. Patient was alert and unresponsive.
19. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.
20. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.
21. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job as a stock broker instead.
22. Skin: somewhat pale but present.
23. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.
24. Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.
25. Patient has two teenage children but no other abnormalities.